Meramec Adventure Learning Ranch offers therapeutic adventure and wilderness programs to help the youth and families we serve confront personal challenges, and discover inner courage and a renewed passion for life.
Adventure experiences aren’t an escape from life’s challenges, but rather an opportunity to:
- Break down walls and defense mechanisms created by life’s challenges
- Discover individual emotional, mental and physical strengths
- Believe in the ability to grow and change
- Build positive relationships and connections with others
- Find purpose in serving others by using our unique gifts
The Ranch’s 1,200 acres in Steelville, Missouri feature one of the most extensive adventure bases in the Midwest, with ropes courses, aquatic adventures, camping, climbing, kayaking, biking, team challenges, and more. In 2017, the Ranch served more than 6,000 participants.
Programs for Many Needs
The Ranch provides valuable, lifelong lessons, and serves as a unique form of therapy. Because its primary focus is on helping children and families served through Great Circle programs, there are limited opportunities to accommodate outside groups.
Adventure Programs – Children in Great Circle’s care visit the Ranch periodically during their stay to build personal efficacy, healthy relationships, and purpose through outdoor skill-building (Scouting, team development, sailing, climbing, lifeguarding, primitive skills, etc.).
Summer Camps – Exhilarating and therapeutic activities for the youngsters Great Circle serves that combine adventure and fun to create an environment focused on providing opportunities for growth and healing.
- Outdoor Adventure Camp – July 29-August 2. Designed for youth ages 7-18 on the autism spectrum. This week-long camp is a break from day-to-day living and the chance to explore the outdoors in an exciting, supportive and safe environment. Space is limited to 36 campers. Click here to learn more.
- Sibling Adventure Camp – June 20-29 & July 22-26. For siblings ages 7-17 currently in foster care in Missouri, this program enables campers to spend time together and rebuild relationships while enjoying outdoor adventures. There is a 10-day and 5-day camp option. Cost is covered by the State of Missouri’s Children’s Division. Click here to learn more.
Wilderness Programs – Trained staff lead small groups of youth in Great Circle’s care on intensive off-Ranch trips to some of the country’s most beautiful and rugged areas. It’s an opportunity to focus on personal identity, intentional and sustained growth, and finding their places in a hurting world. Trips include backpacking expeditions, mountain biking treks, primitive skills journeys and paddling voyages.
Youth and School Experiences – Outdoor adventure programs are ideal for schools, athletic teams, community and church groups, scouting programs, and other groups. Programming is tailored to meet the specific needs and goals of each group.
Corporate Retreat and Team Development – The Ranch is a unique location to boost corporate camaraderie and team effectiveness. Programming is tailored to meet the specific needs, interests, and goals of each group.
Staffing and Employment
The Ranch’s staff is fully trained to deliver high-quality therapeutic adventure programming in many areas and work with children who are dealing with life’s challenges, struggling with traumatic pasts or who may have an autism or other special education diagnosis.
Current employment opportunity: Summer Adventure Guides. This 10-week opportunity provides a chance of a life-time to develop personal skills while serving some of the most incredible youth! Learn more by going to the Summer employment section at right.
For more information about Meramec Adventure Learning Ranch or any of its programs, call 573-775-5513.