We’re passionate about learning at Great Circle and understand that sometimes we all just need a helping hand to discover the strength within.
Each year, our schools educate almost 500 children who struggle in a traditional school setting because of factors beyond their control. We operate schools in Columbia, Marshall, St. James and St. Louis, Missouri, and partner with 63 school districts surrounding each of those locations.
We are nationally accredited with the prestigious AdvancED and Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), so you can be confident that your child is getting a high-quality education that adheres to the demanding standards placed on the most prestigious private schools. Our schools also are approved by both Missouri’s and Illinois’ departments of elementary and secondary education.
Our schools support your child’s goals, whether that’s graduating from high school, returning to a traditional school setting, continuing on to post-secondary, vocational or technical training, or preparing to enter the workforce. We help children find a new sense of happiness and hope. Just walk through our doors and you’ll start to understand.
- About 40 students
- Principal/Director of Special Education - Stephanie Shumpert-Hardin. She previously was dean of students for Confluence Preparatory Academy High School in St. Louis, and in-school suspension and A+ coordinator. She has a master’s in teaching and school administration from Lindenwood University.
- Located at 4304 South Bearfield, Columbia, MO 65201
- About 70 students
- Principal/Director of Special Education – Jeremiah (JT) Hartley. He has an extensive experience as a teacher and educational administrator in the greater Kansas City area, and also founded and operated CrossRoads Behavioral Services, LLC. He has a bachelor’s degree from Missouri Valley College, and a master’s in administration from the University of Missouri- Kansas City.
- Located on Tom Butterfield campus, 1126 East Highway WW, Marshall, MO 65340
St. James School
- About 130 students
- Separate classrooms dedicated to children with an autism spectrum diagnosis
- Principal/Director of Special Education – TBD
- Located at 13160 County Road 3610, St. James, MO 65559
St. Louis Schools
- About 250 students
- Three educational programs on one campus:
- • K-12 classrooms for children with social, emotional & behavioral health challenges
- • K-12 classrooms for children with an autism spectrum diagnosis
- • Great Circle Academy high school for teens in recovery from substance use
- Principal/Director of Special Education – Darla Hemrick, PhD. Before joining Great Circle, she most recently served as special education coordinator at Confluence charter schools in St. Louis. Her doctorate in educational leadership is from Maryville University.
- Located in Webster Groves, 330 N. Gore Avenue, Webster Groves, MO 63119