We’re passionate about learning at Great Circle Academy and understand that sometimes we all just need a helping hand to discover the strength within.
Each year, our Academy educates almost 500 children who struggle in a traditional school setting because of factors beyond their control. Our schools operate in Columbia, Marshall, St. James and St. Louis, Missouri, and partner with nearly 100 school districts across Missouri.
We are nationally accredited with the prestigious AdvancED and Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), so you can be confident that your child is getting a high-quality education that adheres to the demanding standards placed on the most prestigious private schools. Great Circle Academy also is approved by both Missouri’s and Illinois’ departments of elementary and secondary education.
Our schools support your child’s goals, whether that’s graduating from high school, returning to a traditional school setting, continuing on to post-secondary, vocational or technical training, or preparing to enter the workforce. We help children find a new sense of happiness and hope. Just walk through our doors and you’ll start to understand.
Great Circle Academy - Columbia
- About 60 students
- Principal/Director of Special Education – Erika Rackers. She previously served as the school’s instructional coach and elementary level teacher. She also has 12 years of public school teaching experience, and is certified in the Neurosequential Model in Education©. She has a master’s in administration and leadership from Capella University and a bachelor’s in elementary education from Lincoln University.
- Located at 4304 South Bearfield, Columbia, MO 65201
Great Circle Academy - Independence
- About 20 students
- Principal/Director of Special Education - Jeremiah (JT) Hartley. He has an extensive experience as a teacher and educational administrator in the greater Kansas City area, and also founded and operated CrossRoads Behavioral Services, LLC. He has a bachelor’s degree from Missouri Valley College, and a master’s in administration from the University of Missouri- Kansas City.
- Located at 18610 E. 37th Terrace South, Independence, MO 64057
Great Circle Academy – Lebanon
- About 20 students
- Principal/Director of Special Education – Pamela Dawson. With almost 15 years of experience in special education as a teacher and administrator, Dawson came to Great Circle in July 2018. She has a doctorate in educational leadership and master’s in administration from William Woods University, and a master’s in education and bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and psychology from Drury University.
- Located at 301 Hoover, Lebanon, MO 65536
Great Circle Academy - Marshall
- About 70 students
- Principal/Director of Special Education – Jeremiah (JT) Hartley. He has an extensive experience as a teacher and educational administrator in the greater Kansas City area, and also founded and operated CrossRoads Behavioral Services, LLC. He has a bachelor’s degree from Missouri Valley College, and a master’s in administration from the University of Missouri- Kansas City.
- Located on Tom Butterfield campus, 1126 East Highway WW, Marshall, MO 65340
Great Circle Academy - St. James
- About 130 students
- Separate classrooms dedicated to children with an autism spectrum diagnosis
- Located at 13160 County Road 3610, St. James, MO 65559
Great Circle Academy - St. Louis
- About 250 students
- • K-12 classrooms for children with social, emotional, behavioral health & communications challenges
- • K-12 classrooms for children with an autism spectrum diagnosis
- • High school for teens in recovery from substance use
- Principal/Director of Special Education – Andrea Lachar, PhD. Prior to joining Great Circle, she served as trainer and supervisor of various residential, special education and adult literacy programs in the state of New York. Having begun her career as a special education teacher, she received her doctorate in special education and literacy studies from Hofstra University, and her master’s in education from Dowling College.
- Located in Webster Groves, 330 N. Gore Avenue, Webster Groves, MO 63119