Now Interviewing – Join the Team
Teacher’s Assistant / Youth Care Specialist in St. Louis
Interviews are being scheduled now for this important position on Great Circle’s Webster Groves campus. We are seeking motivated individuals interested in building a career by helping children develop positive behaviors and overcome life challenges.
Call to schedule an interview anytime or choose a time during one of the upcoming interview days:
- Thursday, December 12
- Tuesday, December 17
7 am – 7 pm each day
Signing bonuses are available!
Teacher’s Assistants/ Youth Care Specialists work in Great Circle’s residential cottages and the on-campus school (Great Circle Academy). Job duties include:
- Supporting classroom teachers by helping with supervision, grading, planning and day-to-day activities.
- Providing supervision in the residential cottages to ensure safety of children and address their needs in a nurturing and engaging manner.
- Monitoring social skills in cafeteria, playground, bathroom and physical education to promote healthy behaviors.
Job Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 60 post-secondary credit hours or a para-professional certificate.
- Knowledge of emotional/behavioral disorders, children with autism, crisis intervention/prevention, physical/sexual abuse issues, child development and behavior management techniques.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- Valid Class E Missouri driver’s license.
Looking for Other Job Opportunities?
Great Circle has openings for:
- Special education teachers (in St. Louis & St. James)
- Therapists (in several regions)
- Case managers (in several regions)