Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
An environment that represents all individuals and groups; the presence of differences of identity throughout any given setting. Examples of these differences include, but are not limited, to:
- Race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, differently abled, cognitive ability, military status, religious background, socioeconomic status, mental health status, appearance and political ideology.
Ensuring people with marginalized identities have the opportunity to grow, contribute and develop.
A sense of belonging which allows people to engage and contribute within an environment (the key to reaping the benefits of diversity).
This is how Great Circle embodies these definitions:
Great Circle values all human qualities while prioritizing the varied and shared experiences of our staff and clientele. Great Circle demonstrates commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) through:
- Composition of a diverse workforce and clientele
- Creating opportunities for staff dialogue about organizational culture
- Training and modeling equitable and inclusive behaviors
- Data collection, analysis and improvement implementation
The purpose of this is policy is to create a culture of inclusiveness to build a community marked by openness, understanding, and valuing all people and perspectives.