Creative Play Learning Center is a full-service community child care center available to families in St. James and surrounding areas. It provides child care for infants and children and after school care for school-aged children.
It doesn’t always take a village to raise a family. But every family could benefit from having the support of a caring community of Great Circle staff.
Creative Play Learning Center strives to create a safe environment that promotes healthy physical, social and emotional development for the children it serves.
- Nursery care for infants 6 weeks to 24 months
- Toddler room for children ages 24 months to 3 years old
- Classroom for 3 year olds to prepare for pre-school
- Pre-school classroom that prepares 4 and 5 year olds for kindergarten
- Before and after school program is offered for children up to 12 years old
- Transportation to and from the elementary school in St. James is provided
Staff members use playground equipment, hopping, skipping exercises and tricycles for the growth of the children’s large motor skills. Fine motor skills are developed through the use of various sensory tables that include play dough, pouring and dumping stations. In addition, children use phonics, song rhyming, letter and number recognition and reading to develop cognitive skills.
Creative Play Learning Center provides Department of Elementary and Secondary Education approved dramatic play and learning enrichment experiences in collaboration with the Phelps County Community Partnership.