We offer a fresh alternative for teens in recovery from substance use and a community that openly welcomes them as they are and where they are!
Great Circle Academy’s strong academics and therapeutic support make it more than a high school for teens in recovery and their families. It’s a lifestyle support system that gives you and your teen a positive environment to avoid relapse. It’s a place to begin a new sober life and celebrate every success. To create a new community and find a circle of support. To discover how to build a future that’s as bright as your dreams.
We’re different – that’s what your teen needs. We believe that once committed to substance use treatment and recovery, every child deserves the opportunity to graduate from high school and build a sober life.
For teens in recovery, earning a high school diploma means overcoming obstacles. Returning to their former school is fraught with challenges that can lead to relapse, and many students find online learning to be insufficient. Our Academy:
- Is a private, co-ed program that provides students with the positive high school experience they want within the therapeutic environment they need.
- Follows our highly successful educational model of seamlessly blending academics with therapy, and focuses on the next steps that follow treatment – creating a life that supports sobriety in school, at home and through friendships.
- Is the first high school program of its kind in Missouri and one of a handful in the nation.
Student & Family Success
Student, family & Great Circle’s highly trained staff work together, with a focus on providing the right type and level of support.
- It’s a lifestyle support system that begins with accredited high school academics (including credit recovery) and a tailored therapeutic experience, and continues with after-school/evening/weekend therapy and sober activities, peer support groups and mentorships.
- Start the journey with a private consultation and tour with our trained staff – to discuss your student/family situation, and your teen’s academic and therapeutic needs and goals.
- As needed, we help with transportation and guide families through financial aid options, including qualifying for special scholarships (see below for more detail).
- Students always have access to a therapist and peer recovery coach. Tuition covers individual and group therapy for both student and the family.
- Weekly, random urine drug testing helps students focus on sobriety.
- However, relapse won’t prompt expulsion, but a strengthening of the student’s prevention plan.
- We strongly encourage parents to have ongoing contact with the staff, because successful recovery is a journey for the entire family.
Enrollment & Scholarships
- Full & partial scholarships: They are now available for the 2018-19 school year, and are based on a variety of factors, not only financial need. Thanks to the generosity of the St. Louis community to underwrite scholarships, this program is accessible to any student who needs Great Circle’s unique environment that delivers high-quality education in a therapeutic environment.
- Enrollment: Students are welcome to stay for as long as they feel the school is meeting their needs.
Addressing Critical Regional Needs
The statistics are startling. More teens struggle with substance use disorders than ever before and overdoses rob far too many young lives. For those who cannot overcome substance abuse, there are serious social, economic and health consequences, including crime, incarceration, homelessness, unemployment, dropping out of school, reduced life expectancy, and chronic health issues.
Our Academy meets a critical need and helps teens take steps that lead to positive outcomes.
Positively impact a child’s future!
Supporting children and families is the very heart of Great Circle’s mission. We know every family has unique financial circumstances, yet every teen committed to recovery deserves access to Great Circle Academy. That’s why we strive to provide financial aid whenever it’s needed.
We invite you to become a community partner with us and help support our students’ education and recovery journey. You can help turn the tide on the addiction crisis – one teen at a time!