Visit the school! Info sessions available – upcoming dates listed at right.
Great Circle Academy is a high school for teens in recovery from substance addiction, which offers a positive environment to help students avoid relapse. A place to begin a new sober life. To create a new community and find a circle of support for you and your family. To discover how to build a future that’s as bright as your dreams.
Changing the future for teens. The statistics are startling. More teens are struggling with substance use disorder than ever before and overdoses rob far too many young lives. For those who cannot overcome substance abuse, there are serious social, economic and health consequences, including crime, incarceration, homelessness, unemployment, dropping out of school, reduced life expectancy, and chronic health issues. Our Academy meets a critical community need and helps teens take steps that lead to positive outcomes. Download a recent report on the social, economic and health impact of teen substance use in Missouri.
We’re different – that’s what your teen needs. For teens in recovery, earning a high school diploma means overcoming obstacles. Returning to the former school is fraught with challenges that can lead to relapse, and many students find online learning to be insufficient. Our Academy:
- Is a private, co-ed school that provides students with the positive high school experience they want within the therapeutic environment they need.
- Follows our highly successful educational model of seamlessly blending academics with therapy, and focuses on the next steps that follow treatment – creating a life that supports sobriety in school, at home and with friendships.
- Is believed to be the first of its kind in Missouri, and one of only a handful in the nation.
Create success for the whole family. Student, family & Great Circle’s highly trained staff work together, with a focus on providing the right type and level of support:
- Individual student, family & group therapy
- Weekly, random urine drug testing for student
- Relapse will not prompt expulsion, but a strengthening of the student’s prevention plan
- Therapist and peer recovery coach always available during school hours
- Parents encouraged to have ongoing contact with staff
- Students are welcome to stay for as long as they feel the school is meeting their needs.
- Tuition covers full academics, small class sizes, a tailored therapeutic settings, and group, family and adventure therapy. Scholarships and other financial aid available.
We offer a fresh alternative & a community that openly welcomes you as you are and where you are – a place where every success is celebrated!
Positively impact a child’s future!
Supporting families is the very heart of Great Circle’s mission. We believe that once committed to substance use treatment and recovery, every child deserves an opportunity to graduate from high school and build a sober life. Knowing that every family’s financial circumstances are unique, we strive to provide tuition assistance to Great Circle Academy.